Buff is an incredibly versatile piece of kit, as long as you know how to wear a buff. it properly! A buff can be worn to keep warm in cold weather, protect your neck from the sun, absorb sweat in hot weather and so much more. Don’t let this amazing piece of equipment sit unused in your closet— learn how to wear a buff in 7 different ways and make the most of your outdoor adventures!
1. How to Wear a Buff On your head
Wearing a buff on your head is a great way to keep your hair out of your face and protect your head from the sun. Plus, it can help keep you warm in cold weather. Here are seven ways to wear a buff on your head
- Put the center part between your eyes and tie it together with one hand,
- then use the other hand to cover one side of your head or both sides.
- Tie one end around your forehead like a bandana or have both ends tied around behind your neck like a ponytail holder –
- Wrap one end around the back of your neck like an ascot –
- Wrap one end under each arm then ties them together in front for extra warmth.
- Use one end as a nose warmer
Use one end as a cowl scarf
2. Around your neck
Wearing a buff around your neck is a great way to keep warm in cold weather. It can also be used as a fashion statement. To wear a buff around your neck, simply put it on like a scarf. You can wear it loose or tight, depending on your preference. If you want, you can also tuck it into your shirt or jacket to keep it in place.
The front of the buff should always stay uncovered, though. Be sure not to use this method if you’re wearing a coat because the coat will cover the front of the buff and you won’t be able to see anything! Other than that, there’s really no wrong way to wear a buff!
3. On your wrist
One way to wear a buff is on your wrist. This is especially helpful if you’re going to be doing a lot of cooking or cleaning, and you want to keep your hair out of your face. To do this, simply take the buff and tie it around your wrist like a bracelet. You can adjust the tightness depending on how loose or tight you want it to be. Then just wrap the remaining fabric around your hand. You’ll have one end in each hand.
Tie them together tightly in an overhand knot (a knot that goes over the loops) so that it’s secure. Now, you’ve got two loops on either side of your hands. Take one loop from each hand and place them together (again). Twist both loops three times, then place the new loop over the first two loops, as shown below.
Start by tying a single knot near where the two ends meet. Then tie another single knot at about halfway up the twist: Finally, tie another single knot at about halfway down the twist. The result should look something like this
4. Around your waist
One way to wear a buff is around your waist. This is especially popular in the summertime, when you may be wearing shorts or a skirt and want to add a bit of coverage. To do this, simply fold the buff in half and tie it around your waist. You can adjust the tightness depending on how fitted you want it to be.
The drawstring will come in handy for tying it as well. Tying the buff as a belt: Another way to wear your buff is by tying it around your waist like a belt. The same rules apply here as with the first method. Adjust the tightness to fit your preference. Use the drawstrings to tie it up so that you don’t have excess fabric that could blow away if there’s wind (especially important if you’re at the beach).
5. How to Wear a Buff as a sling
Whether you’re an experienced hiker or just starting out, wearing a buff can help keep you comfortable on the trail. Here are seven ways to wear a buff around your neck, as a headband, around your waist, as ear warmers, and more! Buffs work best when they have some stretch.
You want them to be able to mold to your body and stay in place during movement. For some tips on sizing, check out our sizing chart here! To read about more ways to use your buff, visit our blog post 5 Tips for Wearing Your Buff. We hope this was helpful!
6. Underneath another layer
One great way to wear a buff is underneath another layer. This can help provide an extra layer of warmth on those cold winter days. Plus, it can also help wick away sweat when you’re working hard. Here are a few tips for how to wear a buff underneath another layer 1) Fold the buff in half and pull it over your head.
2) Unfold the buff so that it covers your neck, chest and upper body.
3) Put your other layer on over the top of the buff so that only your arms or legs show through the holes in the fabric.
4) Pull any excess fabric from under your other layer up around you so that it doesn’t drag along the ground. 5) Tuck the edge of the buff into your waistband. 6) Hold onto one side of the fabric in each hand and pull them tight against each other to secure them without tightening too much. 7) Tuck one end of the top edge of the first leg hole under itself before pulling on both sides until they are pulled tight against each other to secure them without tightening too much.
7. How to Wear a Buff around your legs
Wearing a buff around your legs is a great way to keep warm during colder months. Plus, it can also help protect your legs from scrapes and scratches. Here are seven ways to wear a buff around your legs:
- wrapped once around the ankles
- tied in a bow at the ankles
- wrapped around the calves
- tied in a bow at the knees
- wrapped around the thighs with the long end coming down in front of your body
- wrapped around the thighs with the long end coming down behind your body
- tucked into your socks or shoes
Also read: 5e dnd tools