Have you ever experienced hail damage car repair ? If so, you know that it’s going to be a big hassle, especially if you don’t have auto insurance that covers hail damage. It’s expensive enough to get your car repaired at the dealership, but if you want to save money, you can try to do it yourself at home.
Hail damage can cause many problems and issues with your vehicle – and knowing what these are will help you determine if repairing it yourself is right for your situation. Here are some of the problems that hail can cause when it hits your car
Schedule an appointment with your insurance agent
If you have been in a hailstorm and your car has sustained any damages, it is important to call your insurance agent as soon as possible. Your insurance company will be able to tell you if the hail on your vehicle was considered severe enough for a total loss claim. If it was not severe enough, they will contact their preferred auto body shop to get repairs started, usually within 24 hours.
Take pictures of the hail damage
It was a Thursday morning when I woke up to the sound of hail pattering against my window. My husband and I laid in bed for a few more minutes before we got up, ready to start our day. We took out the trash, grabbed some breakfast and then headed out to buy groceries for dinner. We were walking back from the store when we heard the sound of loud thunder that made us look up at the sky.
Suddenly there was a huge flash of light followed by an ear-piercing boom. When we looked down again, our car had been pelted by hailstones. There was no warning whatsoever – one minute it seemed like a typical stormy day, the next moment hail as big as golf balls started falling from the sky!
Find a reputable body shop
If you’ve been involved in an accident, are dealing with hail damage, or have a collision issue, getting a reputable body shop is the best way to go. Here’s how to find one:
- Ask friends and family for recommendations. – Do some research on what shops are in your area. – Check if they’re certified by the National Institute of Automotive Service Excellence (ASE). – Make sure they have experience working on your type of vehicle.
Get a rental car
After the storm passes, head to a rental car agency and get a replacement vehicle. Insurance will cover the cost of your rental for up to 30 days. If you have collision coverage, it may also cover the cost of your rental. However, if your car is totaled, collision coverage won’t help. Hail can destroy headlights and windshields, so check these before renting. The longer you wait to file an insurance claim after hail damage, the more likely it is that your insurer will raise your rates or cancel your policy altogether.
Wait for your insurance adjuster
We are a family-owned and operated body shop with more than 40 years of experience in the industry. Our company is fully equipped to handle hail damage repairs on all makes and models of cars. Whether you need a bumper replaced, headlight restored or a new paint job, we can do it all. We have competitive rates, so don’t hesitate to give us a call for your next hail damage repair project.
Choose your repair option
If your vehicle has been damaged by hail, you may be wondering what the next step is. Here are some helpful things to know about the process of getting your car fixed:
- The first thing to do is assess the severity of the damage. This can be done by looking for obvious dents and dings in the bodywork or noticing that a window has been smashed. Sometimes there will also be visible marks on the ground under where the car was parked.
- You’ll need to decide whether it would be more cost-effective to get your vehicle repaired locally or if it would make more sense to have repairs done at an authorized dealership instead.
- After choosing one option or the other, you should contact your insurance company so they can send out an adjuster to inspect the vehicle before any work begins.
- Once all of these steps have been taken care of, follow up with your mechanic after they’ve finished working on your car so they can tell you when it’s ready to be picked up again.
pay your deductible
Here are some things to consider when you’ve Hail damage car repair:
-Contact your insurance provider as soon as possible. They will walk you through the next steps and provide a claim number. -Call a tow truck to take the vehicle to a designated auto body shop, they will give you a list of places that have been approved by your insurance company. -Take pictures of the damage before the repairs start so that any discrepancies can be accounted for later on.
Pick up your car
It had been a few weeks since the last time I saw my car, so I was excited to finally get back out on the open road. The first thing I noticed when I pulled up to the auto body shop was that all of the windows were smashed in and there was a pile of glass on the ground. The next thing I noticed is how much hail damage there actually was to my vehicle; it looked like someone had taken a baseball bat to it.
How do I fix a dent in my car?
If you have a dent in your vehicle, don’t panic. Dents are easy to fix, and not permanent unless you leave the dent for too long. Here are some steps to get the dent out of your vehicle:
1. Clean around the area of the dent with soap and water. Rinse off any soap residue with water. Dry off the area completely with a towel. This will help prevent dirt from getting caught in the plastic surrounding the metal and causing more problems later on down the road.
2. Use an ice cube or ice pack to cool the dent.
3. Spray a small amount of lubricant on top of the dent’s center and wait 30 seconds before attempting to push it back into place with your fingers or a flat object like a credit card.
4. Once you’ve pushed the dent back into place, spray another small amount of lubricant onto top again and wait 30 seconds before removing it.
Also read: Nd Buried The Anti Parent Parenting Blog